When I started my online journey several years ago I battled uncertainty and doubt. Thoughts regularly came up like:
- So many other people are already excelling in (insert niche)
- What could I possibly share that hasn’t been discussed before?
- What value could a newcomer like myself bring to the “party”?
Over time as I gained momentum and started to feel pretty good about things, I certainly realized that I had an Edge.
The Edge was me. It is specific to my brand and business. No one person is exactly the same as me, nor will my business be exactly the same as anyone else’s.
You have an opportunity to do FANTASTIC things!
- Let your personality shine. Allow your audience in to your life a bit. Show them who you really are
- If you are funny by nature, add some humour to your work, but don’t force it
- Be creative with your content, and do some “outside-of-the-box” things that your audience will start to expect
- Be you – it is what you know best
- Be humble, grateful, helpful, accommodating and a go-to resource in your niche
Do you want to take your Edge to another level? NEVER EVER stop learning, and always be YOU. Never succumb to the pressure to be something that you are clearly not comfortable being.
- Give an example when you have done something uniquely “you” in your online social networking and/or personal branding activities
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Did you like this article? If so, there’s more where that came from!
Join us for all of my latest updates.